We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") the data controller is Taylors Auction Rooms (Montrose) Ltd, 3 Brent Avenue, Montrose DD10 9PB, United Kingdom ("we").
All enquires concerning our use or storage of data should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or making a bid;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of any contract between us;
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. We will not collect information from you other than that provided by your browser in normal use.
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our web site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password, user ID or PIN which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password, user ID or PIN confidential. We ask you not to share a password, user ID or PIN with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to analyse information about our users in order to identify their potential preferences.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We will not disclose your data to any third party outside our group for the purpose of direct marketing but we may from time to time provide you with information about goods and services which we feel may be of interest to you including those provided by third parties.
We will keep your details on file for a period of 6 years from the date of your last contact with us in order to simplify any future registration.
You have the right to request us not to use your details for the purpose of providing you with information about the goods and services provided by our group (other than information which you have specifically requested). You can exercise that right by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at 3 Brent Avenue, Montrose DD10 9PB, United Kingdom or by email at email@example.com
Access to information
The Act gives you various rights including the right to access information held about you. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
These standards apply to any and all material ("contributions") which you contribute to our site or to any interactive features associated with it. This includes without limitation any contribution that you make to bulletin boards and similar features.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate where they state facts;
- be genuinely held where they state opinions;
- comply with applicable law in any country from which they are posted. (In any event you should remember that our site is aimed at UK users only).
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any other person;
- contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be likely to disrupt our service in any way;
- give the impression that they emanate from us where this is not the case;
- advocate promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.