How it works
Buying or selling items at an auction is a relatively simple process. TAYLOR’S AUCTIONS have been in the business for over 40 years and our friendly team of experts are always willing to discuss items entered in the auctions with potential purchasers or vendors, offering honest and helpful advice.
We are happy to do this in person at the saleroom or over the telephone but to make things even easier we have put together this useful guide of the most important things you need to know and that you can reference at any time. In this section you can find out:
How to buy at an auction:
- including searching for items, obtaining condition reports, how to bid in the saleroom, bidding by telephone or leaving a bid if you are unable to attend the sale on the day.
- also covering payment terms and additional charges that may be applicable, collection, transport and delivery options.
- Go to the How to Buy page for more details >>
How to sell at an auction:
- including valuation of items, commission rates, payment terms, and what happens if an item fails to sell.
- also covering how we market items for sale, collection and transport options
- Go to the How to Sell page for more details >>
Glossary of terms used at an auction:
- you will come across many specific terms and phrases used in an auction environment. If you are unsure of what these mean we have put together a handy list of commonly used terms for you to reference.
- Go to the Glossary of auction terms page for more details >>
All members of our dedicated team are here to help should you need any assistance. Please note that all items purchased are subject to our standard terms and conditions.
- Antique & Quality Furnishings… Saleroom: 1 Lots: 1-800 29/07/17
- Toys, Steiff Bears,… Saleroom: 2 Lots: 4300-4850 29/07/17
- Rare & Collectable… Saleroom: 2 Lots: 4000-4280 29/07/17
- The Interior Sale of… Saleroom: 3 Lots: 1000-1800 29/07/17
- General Hardware, Porcelain,… Saleroom: 4 Lots: 3000-3600 29/07/17